From stunning waterfalls, glaciers, and geysers to wide open spaces, answer the call of the wild with Moon Yellowstone to Glacier National Park Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries: Drive the entire two-week route or explore the region on shorter trips to Glacier, Yellowstone, or Grand Teton
- Eat, sleep, stop and explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, places for wildlife-watching, and more, you can watch Old Faithful from Observation Point, drive the 50-mile Going-to-the-Sun Road, spot everything from bighorn sheep to bears on a wildlife tour of Yellowstone's Lamar and Hayden valleys, and kick back with a craft beer in Bozeman
- Outdoor adventures: Hike the trails in Glacier or ski in Whitefish. Admire the reflection of the Grand Tetons as you kayak Jenny Lake or set up camp and stargaze late into the night
- The best hikes: Detailed descriptions, trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Maps and driving tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Local expertise: Former wilderness guide Carter G. Walker shares her deep love of the region
- Planning your trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
- Coverage of Yellowstone, Grand Teton and Glacier National Parks, Bozeman, Jackson Hole, Cody, Whitefish, and more
With Moon Yellowstone to Glacier National Park Road Trip's practical tips, flexible itineraries, and local know-how, you're ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.
Spending more time in the parks? Check out Moon Glacier National Park or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Want to extend your adventure? Check out Moon Montana & Wyoming.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.