"A deliciously tense ride." —Ruth Ware, New York Times bestselling author of One By One
Three couples rent a luxury cabin in the woods for a weekend getaway to die for in this chilling locked-room thriller.
What could be more restful than a weekend getaway with family and friends? An isolated luxury cabin in the woods, spectacular views, a hot tub and a personal chef. Hannah’s generous brother found the listing online. The reviews are stellar. It'll be three couples on this trip with good food, good company and lots of R & R.
But the dreamy weekend is about to turn into a nightmare.
A deadly storm is brewing. The rental host seems just a little too present. The personal chef reveals that their beautiful house has a spine-tingling history. And the friends have their own complicated past, with secrets that run blood deep.
How well does Hannah know her brother, her own husband? Can she trust her best friend? Meanwhile, someone is determined to ruin the weekend, looking to exact a payback for deeds long buried. Who is the stranger among them?
• People Magazine Book of the Week
• PopSugar Best Thriller and Mystery
• CrimeReads Best Psychological Thrillers
• Goodreads Editor’s and Readers Most Anticipated Book
• BookPage Best Mysteries of November
• BookBub Best Mysteries and Thrillers
• Scary Mommy Best Fall Releases
• St. Paul Pioneer Press Top Reads
• The Saturday Evening Post Best Books to Cozy Up with this Fall